The Department of Anesthesiology is seeking qualified Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) candidates to provide services at Ben Taub General Hospital for our general anesthesia service. Under the direction of an attending anesthesiologist, a certified registered nurse anesthetist will assist in perioperative patient management, including the performance of the preoperative anesthetic evaluation, intraoperative anesthesia, and postoperative anesthesia care. These responsibilities may be carried out in the operating room, intensive care unit, radiology suites, endoscopy suites, or other places in hospital designated by the attending anesthesiologist.
• A highly competitive pay scale
• Flexible scheduling opportunities; multiple work locations may be possible
• CME dollars
• Great benefits package including: Health, Dental; Retirement Savings Programs (8% contribution to 401(a)), and more;
• To learn more about our benefits, please visit bcm.edu/careers/benefits
New graduates are strongly encouraged to apply!Job Purpose
Provides specialized nursing service in administering anesthesia to surgical patients. Work with our Anesthesiology services team to provide high-quality, evidence-based anesthesia and pain care services at all acuity levels, for all patients, and for a number of different reasons in a variety of settings.Job Duties
- Administers all forms of anesthesia including inhaled, intravenous, neuraxial, and regional, for surgical or medical procedures.
- Assesses and evaluates patients prior to the administration of anesthesia in order to formulate anesthetic plan.
- Inserts and uses invasive and noninvasive monitors, as indicated.
- Responds to emergency/code situations in order to provide airway management.
- Documents anesthetic information and patient condition.
- May supervise or provide direction to student registered nurse anesthetists.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education Required: Master's degree in in Nursing.
Experience Required: None required.
Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) from the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN). Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website