The Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine in the Department of Medicine is seeking a qualified candidate for an Advanced Practice Provider (APP) position in a critical care role at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center in the Texas Medical Center. This APP will provide medical care to patients with complex acute, critical, and/or chronic health conditions in a hospital setting in one or more specialized areas under the direction of a physician. Candidate will be required to provide clinical excellence, scholarly enthusiasm, and a track record of excellent clinical performance.Job Purpose
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.Job Duties
- Obtain detailed history and perform physical examinations.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic procedures in accordance with relevant health concerns of the patient.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments.
- Maintain records and write orders and progress notes in patient charts as to status, treatments, and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical records.
- Provide follow-up health maintenance care to patients in accordance with protocols established with the supervising physician.
- Communicate with physicians, patients, and the family members of patients concerning patient care.
- Collaborates with providers, and practice staff in identifying appropriate patients for care management.
- Proficient use of Epic in the delivery of care.
- This position requires working in critical care units.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: Master's degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website