The Department of Dermatology at Baylor College of Medicine has an immediate opening for an experienced part-time Medical Assistant. The ideal candidate will have two or more years-experience in a fast paced, patient focused, team oriented outpatient atmosphere. Experience in a dermatology clinic and surgical environment is not required, but is a plus. This is a benefits-eligible part-time position working 24 hours per week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The Dermatology Clinic at Baylor College of Medicine is a state of the art facility that treats patients with complex skin conditions, performs Mohs Surgery on skin cancer patients, and performs cosmetic procedures.Job Duties
- Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as rooming patients, taking vital signs, and informing the patient of any delays.
- Encourages patients to enroll and utilize BCM's MyChart communication system.
- Notes the primary complaint for the visit and briefly reviews lab values; identifies if patient has concerns regarding lab values and alerts nurse or physician.
- Schedules patient tests and appointments and prepares patient charts in EMR.
- Collects patient histories, performs medication reconciliation, and enters information into EMR.
- Maintains patient and services rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Takes an inventory of clinic supplies and orders new supplies and equipment.
- Sorts clinic mail and files patient medical records.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab reports, hospital notes, referral information; completing forms/requisitions as needed.
- Sets up instruments and equipment according to department protocol.
- Conducts patient outreach phone calls, post visit follow-up.
- Assists with procedures in clinical and surgical areas as assigned.
- Provides guidance to entry level Medical Assistants.
- High school diploma or GED and completion of a Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA).
- Experience in a dermatology clinic and/or a surgical environment.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website