Community Pathology Associates, the private pathology group of Baylor College of Medicine, is recruiting for a general surgical pathologist for a hospital-based practice in Longview, TX. The ideal candidate will have broad expertise as a general surgical pathologist; interest/experience in hematopathology is desirable but not required. Interested candidates should have the ability to work effectively and efficiently with other medical staff, laboratory technical personnel, and management. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience with competitive PTO, retirement package, and medical benefits offered.Job Duties
- Perform diagnostic interpretation of surgical pathology, hematopathology, and/or cytology material and electronic release of cases
- Participate in laboratory quality control and quality assurance
- Participate in consultation to clients regarding significance of pathology findings, guidance on utilization of laboratory technologies to help aid in diagnosis and treatment, and provide client follow-up
- Provides medical guidance to laboratory staff to address technical issues in the laboratory.
- Works closely with clinical and administrative staff to ensure the highest standards of TAT, quality, and customer service are maintained.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Medical Director
Interested candidates can follow this link for application (https://jobs.bcm.edu/job-invite/10216/] and applicants should submit their CV, names of 3 references, and confidential inquiries to:
Dr. Melton Fish, Medical Director, Pathology, CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center BCM-CPA
- M.D. or D.O Degree
- Unrestricted Texas medical license or eligible for Texas medical licensure
- Board-certified in anatomic and clinical pathology by the American Board of Pathology
- Experience in surgical pathology
- Experience in hematopathology sign-outs desired but not required
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website