The Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology at the Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) is seeking highly qualified physicians to fill a critical role at the Assistant Professor level.
The Division of Neonatology is among the largest academic neonatology divisions in the United States, located in Houston, Texas within the Texas Medical Center, the world's largest medical center. In partner with Texas Children's Hospital, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is the first to be designated by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) as a level IV NICU, the highest level of care available for premature and critically ill newborns.
The Neonatology division serves as a model for its leadership in newborn medicine, offering state-of-the-art therapies aimed at securing the highest quality outcomes for newborns and their families. The division provide personalized, exemplary, family-centered health care to newborns.Job Duties
- Direct patient care related activities
- Provide clinical coverage for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Texas Children's Hospital, experience diagnosing and treating critically ill neonates is required. Clinical coverage includes daytime rounds and night call.
- Will provide clinical care at additional hospitals primarily affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine including Ben Taub Hospital
- Responsibilities will be assigned by the Section Chief of Neonatology and may be altered in response to changing departmental and section needs
- Minimum Education: M.D., D.O. or equivalent
- Minimum Certification/Licenses/Registration: Licensed by the Texas Medical Board
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website