The Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery is recruiting a Senior Accountant to support the financial and business operations of the department in cooperation with the leadership team. The Senior Accountant will prepare the department's annual budget and will influence business and operational decisions through analysis and reporting. This position will work on site at the McNair campus in the Texas Medical Center, and will have accounting responsibility for the clinical, education, and research missions.Job Duties
- Performs analysis of general ledger reconciliations and accrual entries.
- Reviews entries, verifies amounts and compares balances, and interpret trends or deviations from expected results.
- Reviews expenses and revenues incurred/received to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Maintains complete and accurate files, including supporting documentation, for all reports, journal entries and analysis.
- Ensures that all transactions are made in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and federal, state, and Baylor College of Medicine guidelines.
- Assists with budget preparation and monitoring.
- Prepares financial statements and major annual and monthly financial and miscellaneous reports.
- Completes audit requests from both internal & external auditors.
- Participates in pre- and post-award grant financial management activities.
- Manages and monitors contracts or grants.
- Performs monthly income/expense variance analysis.
- Completes forecasting analysis upon request, provide input into business development by presenting data to department and/or College leadership.
- Prepares monthly financial summary report for Department Chair/Vice Chair/Administrator, including MSR, indirect recoveries, and affiliate support.
- Discusses variances to target in MSR, advise on opportunities to increase margin.
- Tracks and reports on endowments and special gifts, coordinating with administrator to meet requirements specific to departmental gifts.
- Manages effort reporting for department, makes changes as appropriate, and assists faculty with effort certification.
- Constructs annual departmental budget across mission areas in coordination with department administrator.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business and two years of relevant experience may also be considered.
- Prior experience in healthcare, specifically an academic setting is beneficial but not required.
- Experience in pre- and post-award grant financial management, as well as effort reporting.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Apply on company website