DescriptionWe have several FT CST positions open at different locations to offer. One is for a noncertified Tech and 4 others as CST. 3 are at the Brandon Surgery Center, one is at Countryside Surgery Center in Clearwater and the other is in Hudson at Bayonet Point Surgery Center.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Surgical Tech Certified with Brandon Surgery Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
Brandon Surgery Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Brandon Surgery Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Surgical Tech Certified to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Certified Surgical Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company's mission and vision by assisting with the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with the Association of Surgical Technologists
Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
Assist in the turnover of the operating room suites between cases, disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and environmental surfaces
Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise preferred
Surgical Tech Certification
One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in an ambulatory surgery center)
Valid BCLS Certification upon employment ***Online certification not acceptable
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Brandon Surgery Center is a multi-specialty ambulatory surgery center. We serve Hillsborough County, Florida. Our center performs over 700 procedures a month. Services in urology, otorhinolaryngology, gastroenterology, orthopedics, podiatry, and general surgeries. As a member of the HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division, we follow our mission. Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Surgical Tech Certified opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website