Job ID R5317 Full / Part Time:Full time
Full / Part Time:Full time
36 hr Clinical Lab Tech in Chemistry, 2nd shift
Possesses and utilizes technical knowledge and skill regarding principles and techniques of laboratory medicine as well as testing methodology. Performs a wide variety of assays/procedures within a clinical laboratory service with documented expertise. Works independently and assesses test results for validity prior to reporting. Position requires excellent verbal communication, significant computer skills and ability to interface with a broad spectrum of health care professionals in a collaborative manner.Job Responsibilities:
1) Verifies appropriateness of specimens, accurately labels and identifies specimens. Alerts appropriate health care provider(s) regarding critical results
2) Assists in the development QA indicators and collection of pertinent data.
3) Reports results within established Turnaround Times. Prioritizes work and maintains acceptable level of productivity. Communicates regarding issues that may affect quality of results and/or Turnaround Time.
4) Incumbent possess sufficient theoretical knowledge to understand tests, and basic clinical significance of results. Identify and participate in solving problems. Communicates with work team and/or supervisor regarding problems. Performs basic trouble shooting of testing requests, referring issues to supervisor as necessary.
5) Demonstrates excellent communication, teamwork and customer service skills. Records of work performed, quality control and documentation of issues are thorough and complete, consistent with all departmental requirements and those of regulatory agencies. Courteous and helpful in all interactions with patients, visitors, co-workers and health care providers.
6) As assigned, assists in projects or studies. Assists in orientation and training of staff.
7) Maintains awareness of and follows all corporate and BHS Pathology compliance policies and procedures
8) Observes and promotes the BHS organizational standards of behavior.
9) Reviews pending log daily and follows up on missing specimens and missing results.
10) Develops and proofreads departmental procedures and protocols for accuracy.
11) Reviews billing reports to ensure all testing has been billed. Performs manual billing in SMS as needed. Assists in the annual review of CPT codes and reference lab pricing.
Preferred Work Experience:
1) At least 3 years laboratory experience
Skills and Competencies:
Laboratory skills acquired during clinical rotations and/or through experience
Education:Associates of Science: Clinical Laboratory Science (Required)
Certifications:Medical Laboratory Technician - American Society for Clinical Pathology
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website