Job ID R5848 Full / Part Time:Part time
Full / Part Time:Part time
This position is 32 hours per week, nights, 11pm-7:30am, every other weekend and holiday.
A constant companion is responsible for providing continuous observation of the patient or patients they are assigned to. This role is to insure that the patient does nothing to harm themselves or others. This role must maintain a safe environment and interact with the patient, family, and staff in a caring professional manner. This role entails reporting any changes in the patient's condition or behavior to the nurse immediately and documenting per unit policy during their shift. This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time.
- Provides age appropriate care to patients. Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages for the following age groups child through adult: children, adolescent, geriatric.
- Develops and maintains good human relations skills. Introduces self by name to patient and staff.
- Consistently displays a respectful, empathetic, and caring attitude toward patients and families.
- Accepts constructive criticism as demonstrated by positive behavioral changes, if indicated.
- Provides constant observation of the patient/s intervening as necessary to ensure patient safety.
- Independently communicates patient information and observations promptly to the RN.
- Actively listens to the patient and acts in a caring professional manner.
- Follow plan of care as directed by RN. Documents safety checks per unit policy. Follows directions from the RN in regards to limitations and privileges the patient has at all times
- High School Diploma, GED
- CPR within 3 months of hire
- SECURE training, within 3 months of hire
- Experience in healthcare, human services preferred
- Positive attitude
This position is 11pm-7:30am, 32 hours per week, every other weekend and every other holiday.
Education:High School Diploma (Required)
Certifications:Basic Life Support - American Heart Association
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website