Job ID R2673 Full / Part Time:Full time
Full / Part Time:Full time
Baystate Health is seeking a full time EMT Telemetry Patient Transporter.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for safe transporting of cardiac monitored as well as unmonitored patients to and from tests and procedures from all units procedure areas or designated coverage area.
- Able to coordinate and organize transport of patients on time in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Communicates effectively with all departments.
- Responsible for attaching monitor, identifying cardiac rhythms during transport, identifying need to call RRT or Code, able to perform CPR.
- Responds to code blue calls within the area of responsibility to assist as directed. Contributes to the overall orderliness and cleanliness of the unit or designated coverage area.
- At all times serves as a representative of excellent patient centered care at BMC and must be able to interact well with patients in a comforting manner while maintaining patient privacy and dignity during transport.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma/GED
- EMT with 6 months experience required
- Must be able to identify cardiac arrhythmias, complete all Web based safety training modules and other training as required
- EMT and BLS Certification required
What You Need To Know:
- Location: Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA
- Hours: 40 hours per week/ day time shift
- Every other weekend and holiday
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)
Certifications:Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Basic - National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website