Job ID R5186 Full / Part Time:Part time
Full / Part Time:Part time
What You Will Do:
Cardiac rehabilitation nurse is also often charged with closely monitoring and assessing cardiac patients. For example, cardiac nursing professionals may assist patients in their return to better health and provide assessment, recommendations and interventions based on patient symptoms, vital signs, (Heart rate, blood pressure) and ECG telemetry.
Along with being a medical professional, you will also have several other roles as a cardiac rehabilitation nurse. For instance, you must be prepared to educate, advise, guide, and support patients as well as treat them. You should also have excellent communication skills and a general passion for healthy living. Provides care in both inpatient and outpatient cardiac rehab settings.
Possibly the most successful method for beating cardiovascular disease in most cases is making positive lifestyle changes. Cardiac rehabilitation nurses will help patients make the necessary changes that could very well prolong their lives. They may assist them with tasks such as quitting smoking, reducing stress levels, and setting up an exercise regimen, for instance. They will also usually assist patients and their loved ones with meal planning, and dole out advice on how to eat more nutritious wholesome foods and maintain a healthy weight.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's of Nursing Degree required
- Registered Nurse License in MA required
- BLS through American Heart Association, required
- ACLS through the American Heart Association, required
- 3-5 years experience in acute care medical center, required
- 1-2 years CCU / Telemetry / Cath Lab / Cardiac Surgery preferred
- Interest in exercise science / physiology preferred
What You Need To Know:
- Location: Baystate Health, 3300 Main St Springfield, MA
- Department: Cardiac Rehab
- Hours: Per Diem
- Shift: Day- Various days throughout the week (Monday- Saturday)
- Could work up to 40hrs per week if needed
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website