Job ID R4894 Full / Part Time:Part time
Full / Part Time:Part time
This is a per diem position located in Greenfield, MA. Ideal candidate will have flexible availability to include evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.Summary:
Under the supervision of the Manager and Coordinator of the Cardiopulmonary Department, and according to established policies and procedures, the Respiratory Therapist II performs a wide variety of duties within the scope of Respiratory Care. The RTII provides all care in accordance with physician's orders. Will have a thorough knowledge of department Policies and Procedures.
The RTII reviews all pertinent patient data in the EMR, collects clinical information through physical examination and assessment. The RTII will be competent to administer inhaled and nebulized respiratory medications and be a resource to others in their use, side effects, and appropriateness. The RTII will provide oxygen therapy, invasive and non-invasive ventilation, chest physiotherapy, obtain and analyze blood gases, perform BCLS, member of CODE BLUE and Rapid Response Team.
RTII will care for patients across the age continuum. Provides detailed patient education in appropriate areas relating to Respiratory Care. Will contribute to the improvement of the health of the community by providing care, support and education to patients with cardiopulmonary diseases.
RTII shall interact with patients, families, members of the community, hospital staff and medical providers in a professional manner and in accordance with the Operating Principles of Baystate Health.
1) Performance reflects knowledge in theory, methods, techniques, skills and behaviors related to Respiratory Care required to achieve high quality results across the age continuum. Demonstrates ability to consistently incorporate clinical knowledge into the delivery of care. Able to effectively influence physicians to modify therapy/intervention orders to improve effectiveness of care.
2) Maintains a complete knowledge in the principles of human anatomy and physiology, gas laws, acid-base balance, pathology of common and uncommon lung disease, and pharmacology related to Respiratory Care.
3) Demonstrates knowledge of daily operations of the department including policies and procedures for respiratory care, safety, and infection control. Willing to contribute to revisions to policies and procedures to improve patient care, experience, and safety.
4) Consistently strives for a high level of excellence in respiratory care by effectively communicating with other members of the health care team, by administering the optimal modalities of therapy, and having a comprehensive knowledge of the patient's overall medical history and current condition.
5) Demonstrates ability to apply new modalities, equipment, and medications to appropriate patient populations.
6) Consistently acts as a resource and role model for others through clinical excellence, patient assessment skills, and communication with all team members.
7) Respects patients' right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality. Identifies self to patient and informs patient of procedure to be performed before initiation if possible.
8) Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment in a cooperative manner. Flexible in response to staffing needs. Works cooperatively, respectfully, and professionally with team members. May act as part of team to on-board new employees.
9) Demonstrates understanding of and participation in quality improvement projects including offering ideas for areas of measurement.
10) Demonstrates commitment to patient/environment of care safety. Reports safety concerns promptly to supervisor/manager/senior leader as appropriate.
11) Demonstrates required skills to provide CPR in hospital setting; includes assisting with intubation, airway maintenance, chest compressions, patient assessment. Responds immediately to CODE BLUE and Rapid Response Team emergencies.
12) Demonstrates ability to maintain artificial airways, adjust ventilator parameters for maximum therapeutic affect, and to increase patient's tolerance of therapy. Able to effectively troubleshoot ventilatory equipment. Documents all care of mechanically ventilated, and non-invasive ventilatory patients per departmental policy.
13) Able to collect, analyze, and report, and assess clinical significance of blood gas results per departmental procedure, including reporting of Critical Values. Closely adheres to all Blood Gas Laboratory policies and procedures including annual competency assessment.
14) Demonstrates consistent accuracy in processing of EKGs in MUSE system. Conscientious in prompt processing of tracings into correct Cardiology folder for interpretation.
15) Completes assigned work in a timely manner; completing tasks, documentation, and hand off within scheduled shift.
16) Demonstrates professional accountability for maintenance of Massachusetts Respiratory Care Licensure, CPR certification and education to maintain professional practice growth and development. Attends and contributes effectively to staff meetings and inter-disciplinary meetings.
17) Demonstrates and models principals of service excellence in support of the patient experience and SPIRIT program.Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years of acute and critical respiratory carePreferred Work Experience:
1) 3-5 years experienceSkills and Competencies:
1) Arterial blood gas drawing and analysis
Education:Associate of Arts: Respiratory Therapy (Required)
Certifications:Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association, Basic Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association, Certified Respiratory Therapist - The National Board for Respiratory Care, Licensed Respiratory Therapy - Other, Registered Respiratory Therapist - Other
Competencies:Collaboration, Courage, Ownership, Service focus, Values Differences
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website