Job ID R4641 Full / Part Time:Part time
Full / Part Time:Part time
Baystate Medical Center Critical Care Research Department is one of twelve hospitals in the country awarded funding as a part of the National Institute of Health PETAL Network. We participate in Phase I through Phase IV clinical trials. Baystate Medical Center's ICU has received the AACN Beacon Award for an unprecedented sixth year in a row.
This position requires a mix of medical, scientific, administrative, business, computer and patient-related responsibilities. Reporting to the Critical Care Research Manager, you will work closely with other staff members as part of the Critical Care Research Team as well as interact with study sponsors. Performs actual study tasks as appropriate to level of knowledge & training.
- Overall Responsibility (with investigators) for the completion and accuracy of all study related work.
- Collaborates with investigators in project evaluation, planning, protocol implementation.
- Develops, maintains, and updates data collection tools, spreadsheets, and databases for use in gathering and compilation of information specific to each research process.
- Other responsibilities include patient recruitment and enrollment, patient screening, patient consenting and maintenance of source documentation.
- Collaborates with investigators, sponsors, other departments, IRB.
- Regular Job Responsibilities include on-call, off-hour, weekend hours to achieve protocol compliance and study
- Oversees and directs daily operations and multiple research studies
- Overall responsibility for the training and orientation of department staff and/or study personnel to research related tasks.
- Collaborates in the development of research policies, procedures, and protocols within clinical area.
- Collaborates in the development of research methods and practices within guidelines of protocols & research objectives.
- As appropriate collaborates and contributes to grant applications.
- Works under minimum direction in collaboration with Principal Investigator.
What you will Need:
- Massachusetts Licensure as an RN. Bachelor's Degree in Science or Administration preferred
- Research experience and Certification in Clinical Research preferred.
- Knowledge and skills necessary for this level are typically attained through 5+ years of research experience. Previous research experience in Critical Care preferred.
- Solid knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Strong knowledge of GCP and FDA regulations, solid understanding of research principles
What you need to know:
- Part Time 24 hours
- Mandatory on-call, off-hour, and weekend coverage to achieve protocol compliance and study success.
- Resume required along with a completed online application
Certifications:Clinical Research Coordinator - Association of Clinical Research Professionals
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website