Assistant Category Manager
We're growing and so is our need for talented Assistant Category Managers. We offer a fast paced and dynamic omni-channel retail environment where you can make a difference with opportunities and to grow your career! If you are looking for a retail growth company that values both its people and its customers, and has a winning track record, and even brighter future, your search is over! Come join us.
The Assistant Category Manager supports their Buyer and Associate Buyer with business strategies designed to maximize sales and margins. They will be working closely with members of the Merchandising, Digital and Marketing, as well as store/field employees, to obtain and communicate the information needed for successful execution of the merchandising vision as it relates to specified product categories.
- Work under the direct supervision of the Buyer or Associate Buyer.
- Responsible for providing support to members of the Merchandising team.
- Responsible for developing a working knowledge of the merchandising function including merchandise selection, negotiating, pricing, and planning and marketing merchandise.
- Assist in all administrative functions to support the Buyers.
- Communicate with Product Development, Marketing, Stores and vendors to provide information and problem solve.
- Assist in planning/coordination of availability of products for advertising and promotion.
- Assist the Buyer in assortment and category planning.
- Travel to store locations to review product mix, gather feedback, and share information with the merchant team.
- Occasional market travel: visiting vendors, attending trade shows, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in retail, fashion or marketing preferred.
- Prior experience as an Assistant Buyer with a retailer.
- Must be articulate, assertive and have excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize work effectively with a high sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to build effective working relationships with vendors and colleagues.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills; proficient in Excel and Word.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website