ASSISTANT DESIGNER SOFT HOME
The Assistant Designer of Soft Home will assist in all aspects of concept, development and finalization of private brand design development.
- To assist in all aspects of concept, development and finalization within the design process
- Assist designer in pattern design for woven and print fabrics; repeats, recolors and conceptual designs
- To have an eye for color and experience with communicating color comments and approvals
- Technical ability to create tech packs for seasonal designs in keeping with calendar deadlines
- To keep highly organized records of design communication and approval standards
- Excellent illustrator skills for flats and tech packs
- Day to day communication with overseas offices and internal team
- Multitasking on various seasons
- Day to day up keep of filing and organization of specs and development packages
- Researching design concepts from magazines / vintage / and from stores
- Researching design inspiration, trends and styling details for product development
- Staying ahead of trends
- Develop mood boards for seasonal design presentation
- Collaborate with merchandiser and production specialist to meet their needs (price points, sku counts)
- Staying on calendar by setting specific schedules of each development stage set by production.
- Creating conspicuous and detailed technical packages for all classifications.
- Create bed maps / boards / cads
Bed Bath and Beyond, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, pro-active, organized, resourceful and results-oriented individual with a high level of enthusiasm and passion for brands and design The successful candidate will bring the following proficiencies and capabilities:
- 2 years' experience in a home or fashion design support position
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work cross functionally between merchandising, packaging and design
- Excellent follow up and communication skills.
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Ned Graphics and Point Carre a plus
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website