Are you an engaged, bilingual General Manager and successful problem-solver with out of the box thinking? Are you the type to support your teams to achieve their own successes? Are you on the floor, engaging your associates? If so, join Bed Bath & Beyond and advance your career in a key leadership role with an iconic brand!
How you can make a difference: In this integral role as Fulfillment Center General Manager, you will actively manage the continuous improvement of the distribution facility, focusing on productivity, customer service, associate engagement and the development of the management team., you will direct the efficient and cost-effective operation of the warehouse facility, managing inbound activities that impact order-filling and stock replenishment., you will also oversee productivity, accuracy, current/future business planning, and loss prevention, ensuring customer requirements are met.
What You Can Expect, Your Responsibilities:
- Provide input and guidance to the development of warehouse plan, including staffing requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, tooling and equipment needs.
- Communicate goals, objectives and company directives to Managers, ensuring that Operations Managers, Department Managers, and Area Department Managers are coaching associates to maintain and exceed reasonable expectations.
- Solve problems and make decisions that affect the associates, service, and productivity of the facility.
- Perform administrative activities associated with effective management warehouse operations, including compiling warehouse data reports.
- Maintain and enhance associate engagement and job satisfaction.
- Ensure associate safety through education and training, promoting safety awareness/accountability, and addressing potential hazards.
- Develop headcount budgets, ensuring labor is in place to meet the current and future needs of the business.
- Assist Director in developing and maintaining a rolling 12 month forecast of cases received and cartons shipped, to facilitate the proper placement of associates.
- Work to revise training material and creates training calendars to ensure training meets the needs of the business.
- Ensure that equipment is in proper working order and used properly.
- Perform quarterly review of Operations Managers, Department Managers, and Area Department Managers against goals assigned.
- Observe and attend daily huddles and weekly meetings, providing proactive feedback to meeting facilitators on content and presentation.
Minimum required (to be considered as a qualified applicant):
- Bilingual Spanish skills required
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Logistics, or related field and
- At least 5 years' experience in a manager role in a distribution/warehouse environment (however, directly related experience could be used in lieu of the degree)
- Experience in managing Managers and coaching your team to meet productivity standards
- P & L management required
- Knowledgeable of distribution & warehouse operations
- Background with process improvement processes such as Six Sigma or LEAN (5S)
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of WMS
- Knowledge of PC applications (MS Office).
- Ability to maneuver through storage racks, trailers, and other areas of the warehouse.
- Able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish - both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate equipment found in a distribution center environment including, but not limited to, material handling equipment.
- Ability to use office equipment including phones, keyboard monitors, and calculator.
Job Environmental Info:
Inside warehouse environment 80% of the time and inside average office environment 20%. Depending on location and time of year, extreme high and low temperatures within the building will be experienced. Average noise level within the office environment and noise level within the warehouse is within normal decibel level. No personal protective equipment is required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website