Are you looking to grow your career and join an industry leader? Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking an accomplished, hands-on Bilingual Human Resources Manager to provide top-notch HR leadership and support at our eCommerce Fulfillment Center in Port Reading, NJ.
In this important leadership role, the HR Manager reports to the Senior HR Manager onsite and works closely with the eCommerce Management team to establish a talented workforce and a positive, high performance work environment. The ideal candidate for this role should possess a knowledge of HR functional activities, labor laws, regulatory requirements, and an understanding HR processes. S/he should also have excellent interpersonal, enjoys collaborating for a successful outcome, and knows how to energize a building while having fun. They must be innovative and comfortable thinking beyond status quo and articulating those thoughts and new ideas, have the ability to solve complex problems, be results driven, have strong business acumen and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will take their role seriously, just not him/herself.
What you can expect, your responsibilities:
- Partner with Operations Managers regarding associates not meeting performance standards and use performance management techniques to improve your client group's performance.
- Handle employee relations for your assigned client group, supporting Operations leaders on day-to-day issues (coaching, counseling), help to guide and advise leaders in corrective action, development plans, and employee terminations.
- Ensure your client group is adhering to legal standards (state and federal) and HR operations policies in the building. Implement and/support organization-wide strategies and objectives
- Create, plan, and execute on site positive associate engagement activities
- Provide and facilitate training and development programs, performance management and compensation initiatives
- Partner with Operations leaders to meet business goals through analyzing key data/ HR metrics (turnover and call out) and take appropriate action where necessary to improve the associate experience and your client group's performance
- Investigate and perform thorough investigations into harassment and ethics complaints, resolving issues in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively and lead a team through process implementation and change management throughout the organization
- Manage one or two HR Coordinators, who are responsible for the administrative support of the HR department.
- Oversee and/or perform new hire orientation in an engaging and quality way to welcome our new associates in an effective manner.
- Participate in recruitment and interviewing of high-volume, associate positions and manager positions, as necessary.
- Partner with Corporate benefits to facilitate benefits enrollment for your site and other benefit issues for your client group.
- Process Workers Comp, FMLA, and other HR documentation as appropriate.
Minimum (required to be considered as a qualified applicant):
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required
- 5 years of progressive Human Resources generalist background with management level experience and at least 3 years of HR experience in a distribution center, warehouse, fulfillment center, big-box retailer or manufacturing environment.
- At least two years of experience in employee relations.
- Experience in high volume, non-exempt staffing for hourly associates
- Proven record of application in federal and state employment laws, labor relations, investigation skills and HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, HR compliance, unemployment, and worker's compensation.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, counseling and training managers on driving performance and development
- Successful track record of working in a rapid and complex changing work environment
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups with large employee populations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with, and influence, senior management.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead a team
- Good business acumen and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include rotating nights and weekends
- Bachelor's degree required. Major in HR Management, Business or related field preferred.
Preferred Qualifications (a plus to your application):
- Knowledge of Benefits and Payroll administration
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification desired
- MA/MBA in HR, Labor Relations or related field desired
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website