Warehouse Operators are responsible for a variety of tasks based on the current operational focus. These tasks will be centered on Order-fill based on current needs, and may include: Ensuring product is in the correct locations, at the correct quantities, and at the correct time to support the Order-fill pick process; processing outbound product using RF and AS/400 Terminal applications and palletize product to appropriate racking. Accurately picking stores' orders onto pallets or racks for shipment to the stores, while maintaining accuracy and productivity expectations. Loading (manual, floor, and palletized) outbound trailers in a timely and accurate manner, utilizing cube and securing all pallets and merchandise to avoid distress. Responsible for maintaining a clean work environment, and assisting in all areas of the warehouse operation Principal and Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Picking, Stocking, Consolidating, Locating, and Loading Product both Physically/Systematically based on Operational Focus
- Minimize Damage to Product
- Ensure Proper Placement of Labels, Paperwork, and Forms
- Accurately and Legibly Complete Daily Productivity Logs, Load Plans, and Other Forms as Required
- Maintain Active and Reserve Locations in Assigned Area
- General Housekeeping
- Walkie-Rider, Forklift, and Double-Jack Certification
- Other tasks as assigned
- Prior Walkie-Rider and Forklift Experience Preferred
- Knowledge of RF or demonstrate ability to learn RF
- Basic Reading and Math Skills
- Team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Familiar with AS400/PkMS Systems
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
Essential Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, bend, and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs repeatedly
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work in a dusty environment.
- Ability to work where the climate may be hot or cold
- Ability to work with elevated heights
Maximum 25 hours in a single work week
Hours May be Subject to Change Based on Business Needs
- 07:00am – 11:30am Monday - Friday
- 12:00pm – 3:30pm Monday - Friday
- 4:00pm – 8:30pm Sunday - Thursday
- 9:00pm – 01:30am Sunday - Thursday
- 07:00am – 3:30pm Monday - Wednesday
- 4:00pm – 01:30am Sunday – Thursday
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website