We live by a promise to our customers that we make it easy to feel at home. We are excited to re-open our stores across the U.S and Canada and to welcome back our customers and new associates.
We've made enhancements to our store environment and implemented health and safety best practices to ensure a clean and safe shopping environment for customers and a safe workplace for our associates.
Here are some examples of the things that we are doing to make it easy to feel safe at work too.
• Reduced Hours
• Associate temperature checks before the start of every shift
• Providing our associates with public health guidance safety training recommendations
and recommended supplies for use at work
• Social distancing measures ensured in workspaces and breakrooms
• Guidance provided to our customers for their safety and yours
• Protective barriers at cash registers
• All stores follow rigorous cleaning procedures recommended by the public health
As a Receiving Associate, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers' evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Receiving Associate ensures that customer orders are pulled and processed in an accurate manner within expected productivity guidelines. The Receiving Associate must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to perform a wide variety of job tasks, both on the sales floor and in the receiving area as business needs dictate.
• Engage customers in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner, promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support
• Perform Stock Associate duties
• Responsible for taking customer orders, picking/retrieving the items, packaging and then shipping the items to customers in a timely manner
• Select, scan, box, and ship merchandise to the customer
• Strong attention to detail to ensure merchandise arrives in perfect condition and is the correct size, type, etc. as per the customer request
• Assist with backroom organization by removing and replacing product, fixtures, and other equipment in a safe and organized manner
• Proper phone etiquette for all interactions
• Maintain a clean and safe work area and exhibits safe work practices at all times
• Strong knowledge of all departments and merchandise placement within the store location
• Perform additional, sometimes specialized duties as required by business needs including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, fulfillment, and price changes and cart retrieval
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 1-2 years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website