We live by a promise to our customers that we make it easy to feel at home. We've made enhancements to our store environment and implemented health and safety best practices to ensure a clean and safe shopping environment for customers and a safe workplace for our associates.
Here are some examples of the things that we are doing to make it easy to feel safe at work too.
- Reduced Hours
- Associate temperature checks before the start of every shift
- Providing our associates with public health guidance safety training recommendations and recommended supplies for use at work
- Social distancing measures ensured in workspaces and breakrooms. Guidance provided to our customers for their safety and yours.
- Protective barriers at cash registers
- All stores follow rigorous cleaning procedures recommended by the public health guidance association.
As a Stock Associate, you will be responsible for exceeding our customers' evolving expectations by providing “best in class” customer service and a pleasant and fulfilling shopping experience. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to offer our customers the widest range of quality housewares, home furnishings and much more! We offer associate discounts, flexible schedules, ongoing training, and the potential for advancement.
The Stock Associate performs a wide range of tasks in the Receiving Department including checking in shipment, processing damages and completing daily stock replenishment. In this role you will interact with customers throughout the day and you will be expected move through multiple tasks while meeting productivity standards and sales goals.
Key Responsibilities :
- Engage customers in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner, promptly and politely responds to customer inquiries and customer requests for support
- Receive and unloads store merchandise from third party vendors
- Verify product type, quality, and quantity against invoices to ensure accurate receipt of product
- Process merchandise by scanning items to verify receipt
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects and records discrepancies or damages
- Perform daily replenishment duties by pulling products from top stock windows and/or stockroom
- Process freight by verifying units received and unpacking and processing merchandise
- Transport merchandise from the stockroom onto the sales floor according to store merchandise plans and organize/rearrange merchandise as needed to execute stocking plans and presentation standards
- Process customer transactions through the register when required
- Execute price changes and sign changes as needed
- Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 0-1 years of retail experience desired
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website