Under direct supervision, performs a variety of facilities maintenance activities in support of business operations to include: electrical, mechanical, plumbing, installation, fabrication and construction which require utilization of problem solving, teamwork, communication and attention to detail. Acts as shift lead directing teams under specific instructions of Facilities Manager.Adheres to ANSI, OSHA, and company safety standards and policies.
- Adheres to ANSI, OSHA, and company safety standards and policies.
- Acts as primary contact for management personnel for any facility maintenance, operational systems, or support equipment issues.
- Provides associate guidance, training and direction. Acts as team leader for the maintenance department general warehouse and housekeeping crews.
- May act as the project coordinator for all size projects including large scale repair and new facility construction projects.
- Supports and monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Makes general plumbing, carpentry, building, and structure repairs as necessary.
- Performs basic electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair work.
- Manages incoming and outgoing shipments and maintains inventory levels and reporting.
- Carries out scheduled maintenance and repair of diverse systems to guarantee appropriate system operations.
- Maintains motors, drives, hydraulic systems, pumps, compressors, fire-life systems.
- Performs unplanned troubleshooting and repairs as well as explains the actions and procedures carried out with the suggested solutions.
- Effectively communicates with senior management through daily reports and meetings
- Performs data entry, maintains reports and records
- Proficient with material handling equipment, powered industrial trucks, and aerial lifts.
- Broad range of experience with hand tools, power tools, and general maintenance repair equipment.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail, and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and demonstrate effective time management.
- Knowledge of a direct to consumer fulfillment operation with strong customer service focus.
- Equipment troubleshooting skills, and successful problem-solving methods and practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED Required.
- Industrial Systems Technology Certification or Technical College Graduate Preferred.
- Power Industrial Truck and Aerial Lift certification
- Minimum of seven (7) years of Industrial maintenance technician experience and/or a combination of education and experience. Warehouse experience is a plus.
- Applied technical knowledge of industrial mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of relevant software applications including MS Office
- Proficient use of email and internet
Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting (up to 50lbs) and carrying. Ability to work in multiple positions - elevated heights and safely maneuver through storage racks, conveyors, trailers, and other areas of the warehouse. Requires ability to use office equipment including, but not limited to, phone, PC/Laptop, calculator and copier. Must be able to communicate effectively in person, on telephone, or mobile radio
Exposure to extreme temperatures, both inside and outside. Warehouse noise within normal decibel level. Use of personal protective equipment contingent on task.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
Email: myHRSC@bedbath.comThis email address is only to request reasonable accommodation for the application process due to a medical condition. If you do not need a reasonable accommodation for such reason, please use the apply button below to complete an application and upload your resume.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply on company website