The Social Media & Communications Manager is a full-time project position that will use storytelling, content strategy and analytical skills to support student recruitment goals; celebrate the accomplishments of students, faculty and staff; and enhance Bellevue College's (BC) brand. This position will take the lead in creating strategic content and managing the College's top-level social media channels, using testing and data to continuously iterate and improve results. The Social Media & Communications Manager will assist with writing news releases, marketing materials, communications, and web content. In addition, this position is responsible for crisis communications, light photography, image editing, video editing for social media, and updating the College's news website. This position reports to the Associate Director of Communications and collaborates with staff across campus.
This is a project position with expected end date on June 30, 2021. Continuation of this position beyond 06/30/2021 is based upon grant funding.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Salary range begins at $55,000. Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Institutional Advancement (IA) Division of Bellevue College works across the full academic enterprise to solidify a multi-faceted culture of brand awareness, philanthropy, and internal and external engagement. IA supports the College's mission by increasing awareness of, advocacy for, engagement in, and giving to Bellevue College. As part of the IA division, the Marketing & Communications department is responsible for stewarding the BC brand and driving the college's marketing strategy to increase awareness, support enrollment, and drive community engagement.
Leads BC social media content strategy
- Supports Bellevue College's (BC) mission, student recruitment, educational programs, and brand
- Develops and executes a comprehensive, multimedia social media editorial calendar to achieve specific and measurable goals
- Writes, edits, publishes and shares daily content (original text, images, video or HTML), using a computer, that's consistent with the College's brand identity that builds meaningful connections and fosters engagement
- Oversees the social media initiatives of other content creators across campus and develops institutional social media guidelines
Analyzes activity and data from BC's top-level social media channels
- Continuously iterates, innovates, and measurably improves performance based on data
- Targets content and develops programs specific to each platform to grow the audience
- Actively engages and responds in a timely, brand-centric and professional manner to online comments and questions
- Analyzes competitive higher education accounts to shape strategies and set benchmarks
- Stays abreast of social media trends and best practices
- Provides social media reports and analysis for BC leadership
Writing and editorial support
- Writes, edits and proofreads Marketing & Communications communication materials such as press releases, email newsletters, marketing materials, and webpages, ensuring proper grammar, clarity, and form of presentation
- Acts as a critical member of the Crisis Communications response team, managing posts, and responding to comments and questions on short notice and in intense situations
- Implements and ensures compliance with brand standards and BC style guide
- Knowledge of and adherence to established brand standards and communicates standards to campus stakeholders, as necessary
- Supports Institutional Advancement projects and events and select campus events for live social media posting
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field or combination of relevant education and/or experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis;
- Two (2) years full-time related professional experience in marketing/communications writing;
- Two (2) years full-time professional experience writing for and managing social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn;
- One (1) year professional experience with Google Analytics, social media metrics, and metrics-driven decision making;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Full proficiency in computer skills, including:
- Two (2) years' experience showing proficient use of Microsoft Office;
- One (1) year experience using photo editing and publishing software such as Adobe Creative Suite or similar;
- One (1) year experience using a social media management tool like SproutSocial;
- One (1) year experience using WordPress or similar web content management system;
- Experience in higher education, non-profit or service industry;
- Advanced degree or certificate in digital marketing, social media management, content strategy, or project management;
- Demonstrated ability to write for a wide variety of mediums, including print, web, marketing, press releases, feature-length articles and social media following Associated Press style and within organizational and brand guides;
- Advanced copyediting, grammar and proofreading skills;
- Demonstrated ability to take and edit digital photos and video to add multimedia elements to web and social media posts;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience guiding collaborators with varying knowledge levels of social media;
- Ability to embrace and incorporate diverse perspectives, and to work successfully with students, staff and faculty of varying ethnicities, ages, backgrounds, and abilities, etc.
Applications received by 09/23/2020 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to start of employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How To Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
- Complete an online Application
- Attach a Cover Letter
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (maximum 2 pages).
Apply on company website