Primary function of this position is to ensure the proper coordination of freight coming into the warehouse operations and ensure the outbound freight is properly loaded and coordinated to deliver at the intended destination. Position represents the company in a positive image with employees, customers and the community always performing in a safe and ethical manner to achieve financial success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- The Cross Dock Coordinator is primarily responsible for the efficient and timely coordination of freight to reach its final destination while maintaining all required communications to dispatch, load planners, load validators, and designated management.
- The Cross Dock Coordinator will work with the Cross Dock Supervisor to develop, monitor and manage a component of assigned drivers/equipment to monitor schedules, track and execute cross dock functions,.
- The Cross Dock Coordinator is responsible for the efficient and timely entry of all company and customer related data into the company Cross dock software and/or related software in Cross dock department.
- Coordinate and train drivers and material handlers in the cross dock function. Responsibilities include: planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures all department required forms and documents are accurate and completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for monitoring and obtaining KPI and Productivity goals as established by the Cross Dock Supervisor and determined by the company and/or their customers.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001 Quality certification program.
- Reports all safety and performance issue to management immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to operate a forklift. The position requires professional communications, computer and presentation skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates or Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, or a related field and/or a minimum of two to four years in a shipping coordinator position utilizing a specialized logistics/warehouse management software.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Must possess strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate good communication skills both written and oral. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment. Must possess excellent personal computer skills and having working knowledge of a logistics software and Microsoft Office products software i.e.; Word, Outlook, Access and Excel. Must be able to operate a forklift.
Apply on company website