SUMMARY: Responsible for overall leadership the Logistics Engineering / Planning Department for the efficient and profitable planning and designing of transportation and supply chain solutions for new and existing clients through Transportation and Network Modeling. This position will be responsible for the optimization of the network designs to maximize financial optimization at the same time improve overall customer service to impacted internal and external stakeholders. The position requires professional management, communications, technology and presentation skills. Position represents the company in a positive image with employees, customers and the community always performing in a safe and ethical manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- This position will oversee the activities of the Logistics Engineers and Route Planners to provide logistic solutions to ensure optimal, efficient, and cost effective routing for the financial success of the Transportation network.
- This position will be responsible for the ability to generate, develop and implement logistics-related cost-reduction solutions utilizing technology that improves productivity and profitability for the Transportation network.
- This position will oversee the use of the department technology systems and manage the leadership to ensure the the efficient and proper use of the company technology and software programs. The responsibilities include working with Technology Department to create, build, or obtain new systems and tools for efficient productivity of the business.
- The position will lead or serve as a project member on supply chain improvement projects focused on improving all areas of our logistics operations, strategic initiatives, and capacity planning along with process improvements.
- The position will work cross functionally with other leaders (Accounting, Operations, Suppliers, Compliance, Customer service, Technology, and Business Development departments) to ensure the assigned project are strategic, optimized, efficient and cost effective. The position is a key stakeholder in managing and supporting the network modeling and costing proposals for current and future RFQ (Request for Quotation) projects.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining robust, efficient complex logistics processes for a variety of Transportation Logistics projects for clients.
- Deleted this bullet
- Required to adhere to all BLS policies, procedures, rules and regulations including CTPAT best practices. Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OHSAS 18000:2007 Quality certification programs. Required to attend and complete all company development, safety and compliance training.
- Duties can expand at the discretion and warrant of need as deemed appropriate by management. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has supervisory responsibilities to direct reports, and will be responsible for supervision of operations and company policies, plans, guidelines, and provisions involving direct or indirect control/accountabilities involving all Company employees. Responsibilities include: planning, assigning, and directing work, coaching, appraising performance, rewarding and assisting in disciplining employees, addressing complaints, employee engagement and resolving problems. Assists with interviewing, hiring, safety, and training employees. Assists with analyzing performance gaps and creating action plans to address performance issues. Assist in identifying and developing internal candidates and provide career counseling to current employees. Responsible for maintaining a highly engaging culture, motivating employees, fostering an environment with high levels of teamwork, accountability, communication and vision to employees.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must have ability to write routine reports and correspondence and to communicate effectively using the telephone, E-mail etc. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certifications by the American Society of Transportation and Logistics or by the International Society of Logistics Certifications 3-level Demonstrated Logistician Program a plus. Current driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to s
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: Must possess excellent leadership skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and very good interpersonal skills to coordinate the needs of customers and production teams with strong analytical skills, planning skills, project development skills and good problem solving skills working individually and in a team environment.
Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment. Must possess excellent personal computer skills and having working knowledge of transportation software i.e.: Appian Routing, TMW, McCloud, Peoplenet, Rand McNally, PCMiler etc. and Microsoft Office products software i.e.; Word, Outlook, and Excel. Knowledge of Transportation fleet models; Extensive knowledge in Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and CT-PAT. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: The position requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Logistics Engineering, Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management, or a related field with a minimum of 10 years experience in the Transportation/Logistics Engineering. Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodologies is required.
Apply on company website