Position involves the loading and unloading of truck trailers, product processing, material storage and retrieval for a variety of materials. Represents the Company in a positive image working with our employees, customers, and community in a safe and ethical manner to achieve financial success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility. Utilizes forklifts or other handling equipment to move material to and from aircraft, trucks within the warehouse facility. Requires two years forklift experience and Forklift Certification.
- Has knowledge of standard practices and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Required to attend and complete all company development, safety and compliance training.
- Required to adhere to all BLS policies, procedures, DOT and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Strict adherence to C-TPAT best practices.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OHSAS 18000:2007 Quality certification programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Forklift certification or previous forklift experience is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position requires a High School diploma or GED. Two or more years forklift experience. Must have a current forklift certification.
LANGUAGE SKILLS (English)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of (US) currency, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to humid conditions and below freezing temperatures. The employee may be exposed to fumes generated by the products stored in the warehouse/facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate/noisy.
Apply on company website