Team leader III carries out the operational directives from the Facility Manager or Operations Management. Will act as primary point of contact for operations when management level is not present at the assigned facility. Informs manager of any changes in schedules or problems. Position involves material handling including but not limited to the loading and unloading of railcars and truck trailers by hand or forklift. Handles a variety of products including automotive, tires, rubber goods, and grocery products in a warehouse or production facility. Represents the Company in a positive image working with our employees, customers, and community in a safe and ethical manner to achieve financial success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides day to day direction for a group of material handlers/forklift drivers. Loads and unloads material within a warehouse or storage facility. Utilizes forklifts or other handling equipment to move material to and from trucks within the warehouse facility.
- Required to enter data and operate scanning equipment and utilize specialized logistics/warehouse management software. Provides day to day activities at customer on-site or after hours. Has knowledge of standard practices and procedures within a particular field. Relies on mid-level experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager off site or during regular working hours. A high degree of creativity and latitude is required. Required to attend and complete all company development, safety and compliance training.
- Required to adhere to all BLS policies, procedures, DOT and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Strict adherence to C-TPAT best practices.
- Follows all workplace processes and standards in support of the ISO-9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and OHSAS 18000:2007 Quality certification programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities but does direct or redirect associates in their work assignments to achieve daily objectives as directed by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to operate scanning equipment and utilize specialized logistics/warehouse management software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Requires High School diploma or GED, 3-5 years experience in a lead or supervisor position in a warehouse/facility environment. Associates degree and 2-4 years experience preferred. Bachelor's degree desired.
LANGUAGE SKILLS (English)
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to humid conditions and below freezing temperatures. The employee may be exposed to fumes generated by the products stored in the warehouse. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to humid conditions and below freezing temperatures. The employee may be exposed to fumes generated by the products stored in the warehouse/facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate/noisy.
Apply on company website