Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world's best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
This position is responsible for the day to day oversight of contact center services to support BJC HealthCare, its hospitals and shared services. Individual will ensure operational standards are met while delivering superior performance and exceptional customer experience. The position in addition to supervising will also be assisting the call center staff with all of their duties and responsibilities.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- May participate in the development of departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets and having direct responsibility for adhering to those goals. This includes responding to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Provides access for consumers to BJC hospitals and HSOs by overseeing the call center functions. Defines and monitors clear and measurable objectives, including quality assurance of phone calls.
- Ensures effective reporting to and communications with clients, including HSO leadership, physicians and department leadership.
- Assumes responsibility for professional enhancement; maintains a thorough knowledge of unit, department, and BJC. Develops and delivers training programs for staff relating to operational and healthcare offerings.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of experience
- <2 years supervisory experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website