Information About this Position
- 40 Hours per Week
Company and Job Overview
BJC Medical Group is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided access to the world's best medicine through caring people and integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and southern Illinois areas.
The Medical Office Secretary performs front office duties in support of physicians in a medical office setting.
- Makes office visit appointments, hospital appointments for test and admissions and obtains appropriate referrals, forms and other pertinent information.
- Educates patients on procedures for hospital tests and admissions.
- Dispatches finished medical records to appropriate parties as directed.
- Maintains records of incoming and completes transcriptions.
- Takes incoming calls and determines the appropriate method of patient care services administer to patients. also manages physician schedules.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website