Posted Date: Sep 2, 2020
TEXT TO APPLY: You can now complete your entire job application for this job via SMS text messaging!
Simply text JOB to 75000 & search for the requisition ID number 410031.
Click here to learn more.
- We have an opening for a DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS position.
- Location: CHICAGO, IL Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Various days/nights
- Requirement:5+ years of foodservice operations experience
WE MAKE IT EASY! You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager faster. Click here to get a sneak peek preview.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Appétit: http://www.bamco.com/careers/Job Summary
A Director of Operations for Bon Appétit Management Company ensures that the commitments and promises made to the Client are realized and a healthy relationship between Client and Bon Appétit is developed. The position oversees the overall financial success of each Café within their area of responsibility. Manages the maintenance of the highest level of sanitation, safety and food quality standards at all time. Ensures that all employees, hourly and salaried, are well trained, conforming to Bon Appétit and client standards of conduct. Trains, develops, supports and oversees all management personnel, improving team spirit and minimizing turnover. Responsible for upholding GE3 standards. They monitor the on-going training of sanitation, safety and food safety. Conducts manager meetings and discusses issues, promotions, financials and corporate business updates. Makes higher-level business decisions affecting each Café, following The Client's culture and guidelines, the Health Department's regulations and Bon Appétit standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. Oversees the opening of new accounts, adhering to pre-opening budgets. Advises account of potential issues affecting the total operation of each Café.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
· Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
· Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
· Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
· Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
· Education: Minimum of four (4) years college education; Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Hotel/Restaurant or Business Management is preferred. A minimum of 10 years of experience industry experience in place of a degree.
· Experience: Minimum of 5 to 7 years mid-management experience supervising exempt employees. Have strong communication skills; ability to invoke conflict resolution skills effectively, strong presentation skills, and able to communicate with all levels of the organization. Proficient computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
· Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, guests and client.
· Has computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Strong passion for great food.
· General culinary knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols and procedures.
· Ability to follow all Bon Appétit Health & safety standards
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 410031
Apply on company website