Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency program seeks Faculty. This is a 3-year residency with continued accreditation by the ACGME. We are currently approved to accept 12 residents per year. Our hospital has a long history of post-graduate medical education for physicians, and we started our Internal Medicine residency program in 2006. Our Internal Medicine residency program emphasizes comprehensive training in ambulatory and inpatient general Internal Medicine as well as its sub-specialties. Upon completion, residents will have the opportunity to work in areas of academic or community-based Internal Medicine practice or pursue training in various medicine sub-specialties.
Many of our faculty are actively involved in cutting-edge research in an array of medical disciplines. Our major research areas include infectious disease, respiratory disease and sleep medicine.
Mercy is a recognized leader in providing quality, cost-effective healthcare and is a regional leader in collaboration with other community organizations to meet community needs. Mercy is a preferred provider in the majority of health insurance plans, we actively work to control healthcare costs through managed care contracts and insurance initiatives.
Mercy encompasses eight hospitals and offers a medical staff of over 1,500 members to support the comprehensive range of inpatient and outpatient services.
Mercy provides comprehensive primary and critical care services:
- Highest Designations to treat obstetrical, newborn and trauma patients
- Comprehensive Women's Services
- Nationally recognized Heart Center
- Nationally recognized Pediatric Diabetes Program
- Comprehensive Cancer Centers
- The region's first dedicated hospital-based Palliative Care Unit
- Complete neuroscience and neurological services for adults and children
- Comprehensive Critical Care Transportation system that includesfive air ambulances (Life Flight) andseven mobile intensive care units
- Premier provider of Medical Education Programs including allopathic and osteopathic residencies and Mercy College
- Highly acclaimed Occupational Health Services
- Home Care services
- Outpatient laboratory, Radiology and Surgical Services
- Mercy Centers for Health Promotion
- Sleep Disorder Centers
- Comprehensive, interdisciplinary Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- Extensive array of Community Health Programs
A culturally prosperous city, Toledo is home to a nationally renowned art museum and zoo, the Toledo Symphony, as well as the newly renovated Valentine Theater. The community is home to the Toledo Mud Hens, the Triple A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers. The Mud Hens play in their downtown stadium, Fifth Third Field, which was named as one of the top minor league baseball stadiums in the country. Toledo also offers an ECHL hockey team, NCAA sports at the University of Toledo, and an annual LPGA golf tournament. Nature and outdoors lovers enjoy the close proximity to Lake Erie. Outstanding schools coupled with affordable housing give northwest Ohio families a great lifestyle. Toledo boasts of having 33 colleges and universities within a 60-mile radius, including a medical college within the metro area. Additionally, Ann Arbor, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus and Detroit are all within a short driving distance.Mercy St. Vincent Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency program seeks Faculty. This is a 3-year residency with continued accreditation by t...
Apply on company website