If you combine strong experience in utilities and structure with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, the role of Engineering Project Manager offers some compelling opportunities. Consider, you will:
- Make an impact in an important role by showcasing your engineering skills in utilities and structure to help reduce costs, drive automation, optimize equipment and improve our utilities resource usage. Your activities will directly impact and influence manufacturing operations at all of our plants!
- Add to your skills and knowledge by learning new equipment and processes and cross-training in various Corporate Engineering department functions.
- Take on diverse challenges at one of the largest produce facilities in the Los Angeles area at 400,000 square feet, including 24 production lines, shipping & receiving, a microbiology lab and more. We are also open to candidates who will work out of our facility in Jackson, GA.
- Demonstrate your talent and potential to take on additional responsibilities or advance.
- Enjoy a positive, team-oriented culture where people have a good deal autonomy along with support when they need it, and where contributions are appreciated. We also place a high value on continuous improvement.
- Have the best of both worlds -- the tight-knit local team and the stability and resources of a growing organization with an international footprint. The work you will do will impact our facilities all over the world!
- Earn a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits.
Pictured: Our processing facilities apply the latest global standards of food safety and quality. Using the latest technology and equipment, our goal is to ensure we only offer the highest-quality products. Minimum Qualifications:
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- 5 - 7 years of experience; including experience working with various utilities (electrical distribution, refrigeration systems, compressed air systems, and heating systems, etc.)
- Proficient in MS Office suite (particularly Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint), MS Project; Basic skills or proficiency in the use of CAD software is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of safety and hygiene practices that can be applied to the role
- Willingness to work in a refrigerated and wet environment (approximately 35°)
- Advanced degree or an MBA
- Experience in food / beverage manufacturing
- 7+ years of experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD / SolidWorks software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in English; bilingual skills are a plus
- Ability to build positive working relationships and foster mutual respect
- A sense of urgency with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment where equipment must remain online
- Positive attitude, open mind and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team player
- Integrity, honesty and accountability; a strong work ethic including reliability and dependability
We're looking for someone to implement projects relating to construction and utilities across multiple plants, and you will coordinate the results in terms of energy consumption for all plants and will collaborate with international working teams.
Operating as part of the Corporate Engineering Team, as the Engineer Project Manager -- Structure and Utilities, you will be directly accountable to the Director of Engineering and support Engineering, Plant Operations, and Maintenance Teams. You can also expect to partner with the three other Project Engineers in this group.
More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assess, identify and develop utilities technology and structures
- Develop cost estimates, schedules, execution and startup budgets and plans for activities
- Oversee OEM's, contractors and BFA personnel working on a project
- Develop an energy ratio analysis
- Leverage your fundamental project management skills to develop robust timelines and cost estimates for initiatives
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and collaborate cross-functionally
- Effectively interface with Operations, R&D, Engineering, Finance, Procurement, Marketing and Sales teams to facilitate ideas and influence across multiple functions and layers of organization
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Pictured: Our latest line of chopped salad kits are inspired by flavors and recipes from around the world. Healthy products, healthy values
"Giving people the freedom to eat healthier" has a deeper meaning for us. We believe in responsible business practices that benefit our associates, consumers and communities. Every consumer should have access to fresh, healthy and convenient choices and every one of our products is made with responsibly-sourced ingredients, by individuals who are treated ethically and with respect every day.
Be The Difference
The Bonduelle Fresh Americas Difference is our identity. It defines the value we create that fuels our growth in order to be the most innovative fresh food company. It also defines the culture we create that enables our success and gives us the freedom to invest in our people, our business, and ultimately our consumers. The values defined in The Difference support our ability to give our Associates the freedom to drive results, learn and have fun
We are passionate about promoting sustainable agriculture, reducing our environmental impact, encouraging all employees to drive a culture of corporate social responsibility (CSR), feeding people well and feeding them sustainably, and promoting the well-being of our employees and communities. See the video for more information.
Our culture values teamwork and collaboration, and we are proactive about maintaining an atmosphere that is positive and motivating. We encourage and reward engagement, such as identifying potential safety or quality issues.
In addition to a competitive wage, we offer healthcare benefits to all associates after 30 days of employment, a 401(k) plan after 60 days, a tuition reimbursement program, and more. Those who succeed in the role of Engineering Project Manager are self-starters who take pride in their work and ownership of their responsibilities. They are proactive and process-driven, methodical about staying up to date on technology and finding ways to deliver on results, and driven to learn. They are flexible, work hard, pitch in where needed. We all work together as a team.
In addition, to be an outstanding Engineering Project Manager, you will:
- Always maintain a safe work environment; safety is paramount
- Own your role and responsibilities, maintaining a commitment to quality and strict attention to detail
- Function effectively in a team environment where continuous improvement is expected through communication and cooperation
- Dedicate yourself to learning and increasing your skills
- Manage multiple tasks and priorities effectively and timely
- Bring schedule flexibility and a sense of urgency
Apply on company website