Job Number: R0074102
Clinical Data Scientist
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve the military health system. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll mentor teammates, gather data, analyze trends, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help senior executive health care management officials make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in the military health system.
Empower change with us.
- 3+ years of experience with Information Systems projects
- 3+ years of experience with business analysis or development of product support documents
- 3+ years of experience with workflow development and documentation of workflow processes
- 3+ years of experience with data visualization and information architecture
- 3+ years of experience with using R/RStudio, Python, Anaconda, Microsoft Office, Microsoft BI Stack, or SAS BI
- 2+ years of experience with developing, testing, and maintaining BI products, including Tableau, Qlik, and SRSS
- Experience with developing databases or dashboards using current software
- Knowledge of SharePoint 2010
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree or 4 years of experience with public and population health, including data analytics and informatics fellowships in lieu of a degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with military medical work
- Experience with Military Health System (MHS) or Defense Health Agency (DHA) personnel data, UTCs, financial execution data, medical workload data, customer satisfaction survey data, or Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) and clinical outcomes data reporting
- Experience with methods and tools, including pattern recognition analysis, supervised and unsupervised learning, clustering, decision tree learning, Bootstrapping, SSIS, or UiPath
- Knowledge of MHS or DHA architecture
- PMP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website