Job Number: R0087995
Cloud DevOps Engineer, Senior
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference? What if you could find a position that is tailor-made for your mix of development, engineering, and communication skills? Efficient software development teams make the most of their time by limiting the activities that take developers away from writing their code. That's why we need you, an experienced DevOps engineer, to help us automate security and operational activities to improve the resiliency and security of Cloud-hosted networks and systems. Join us to create new solutions that drive the innovation our clients need to change the world.
As a Lead DevOps engineer on our team, you'll use your development experience to streamline our software development life cycle for Cloud-based platforms. Support the development of secure cloud platforms from the base network infrastructures to the operational tasks and security guardrails we build for end-users. You'll lead efforts to incorporate open source tools, automation, and cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up our team to do what they do best – innovate. You'll implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting. Leverage expertise in Cloud architectural constructs as well as Cloud-specific technologies to establish and maintain Cloud environments programmatically. Together, through our collective ingenuity, we will develop creative solutions to our clients' complex problems. As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to build software solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges.
- 5+ years of experience with networking, infrastructure, database engineering, or operations
- 4+ years of experience with build, deployment, release automation or orchestration
- 4+ years of experience with supporting enterprise Cloud applications or infrastructure
- 4+ years of experience with infrastructure as code environments, including activities around the automated server or network configurations, large-scale software deployments, or monitoring and testing such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience with automation tools, including Chef, Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible
- Experience with automating system configurations and orchestrating network operations and DevOps pipelines, scaling, releases, and day-to-day system operations in Cloud environments
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with provisioning and managing infrastructure as well as applications in Cloud environments including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with identifying and implementing automation to improve user experience (UX)
- Experience with scripting in Bash, PowerShell, Python, Groovy, or Ruby
- Experience with open technologies, DevOps, and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Jenkins, GitHub, Terraform, Ansible, Git, and others
- Experience with system integration using a variety of protocols, including JSON, REST, and XML
- Experience with leveraging JSON, YAML, or XML for configuration
- Experience with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Experience with documenting an as-is state of the environment, perform a gap analysis and produce artifacts that articulate options and recommendations preferred
- Experience with containerization including OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience with managing personal project priorities and deliverables
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cloud Certification, including AWS, Certified Solutions Architect Associate Certification, Google Certified Professional – Cloud Architect, or MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Certification preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website