Job Number: R0089443
Cloud Security Architect SME
Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement cybersecurity solutions to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems in leading commercial clouds like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP). What if you could use your cyber engineering skills to design and build cybersecurity solutions in the Cloud to protect operational and mission-critical information for DoD agencies? We're looking for an experienced architect who can create advanced cybersecurity solutions in the Cloud that will stand up to even the most advanced cyber threats.
As a lead cloud security architect at Booz Allen, you'll research, design, and implement cybersecurity solutions to protect our client's most sensitive information in AWS, Azure, and GCP. You'll coordinate with clients and industry leading vendors to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective cloud hosted solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You'll lead the team through a critical approach to design, including providing alternatives and customizing solutions while maintaining a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of our country's financial markets, warfighters, citizen services, and healthcare. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating security best practices like DevSecOps, identity and access management, encryption, and security analytics. You'll be able to broaden your skill set into advanced and emerging areas of cybersecurity like container security to support dynamic and immutable cloud infrastructure. Join our team as we deliver innovative cybersecurity solutions to protect our client's information in the Cloud.
Empower change with us.
- 8+ years of experience with cybersecurity
- 3+ years of experience with leading teams of technical staff in the designing, building, and integration of IT solutions
- Experience with implementing controls from NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, ICD 503, RMF, and DoD Information Levels and applying them to the design and implementation of cloud solutions to achieve an Authorization to Operate (ATO)
- Experience with network and system security tools in the Cloud, including network firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), anti-malware, vulnerability scanning, encryption, monitoring, and Identity, Credential, or Access Management (ICAM)
- Experience with developing security compliant solutions in accordance with DoD IA standards
- Knowledge of how to apply native cloud security and monitoring services in the Cloud, including network firewalls, access control lists, encryption, auditing and monitoring, alerting, secrets management, and compliance scanning
- Knowledge of modern cloud native application patterns, practices, and platforms
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Security+ Certification
Nice if You Have:
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS technologies
- Knowledge of end-to-end modern agile software development
- Ability to work within a collaborative team and a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to be a self-motivated, continuous learner with expertise in the cloud
- AWS or MS Azure Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website