Job Number: R0073893
Data Engineer, Lead
Design, implement, and manage a complex data lake environment, including multi-tiered security architecture and data delivery systems and transform it into insights, analysis, and reporting. Apply expertise in database or data lake design and implementation tools, including entity-relationship data modelling and SQL, distributed computing architectures, operating systems, storage technologies, memory management, and networking to create structure and value out of complex and ambiguous technical challenges with little guidance. Apply expertise in structured and unstructured data, streaming and batch data processing, extract, transform, load (ETL), data wrangling, data ingest, and data access to a complex data lake environment.
- 10 years of experience with working in an agile development environment
- 8 years of experience in working with a complex database or data lake environment with multi-tiered security architecture
- 4+ years of experience with SQL
- 4 years of experience with a modern programming language, including Python, Java, or Scala
- 4 years of experience with developing ETL and data pipelines
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and communicate with multiple functional groups
- Top Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree in CS, IT, or Information Security
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with data modeling concepts
- Experience with DoD security classification guidance
- Experience with leading a technical team
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website