Job Number: R0073819
Data Engineer, Mid
Design, implement, and manage databases and data delivery systems and transform them into insights, analysis, and reporting. Apply expertise in database design and implementation tools, including entity-relationship data modelling and SQL, distributed computing architectures, operating systems, storage technologies, memory management, and networking to create structure and value out of complex and ambiguous technical challenges with little guidance. Leverage expertise in structured and unstructured data, streaming and batch data processing, extract, transform, load (ETL), data wrangling, data ingest, and data access.
- 4 years of experience with a modern programming language such as Python, Java, or Scala
- 2 years of experience with working in an agile development environment
- 2 years of experience with SQL
- 2 years of experience with developing ETL and data pipelines
- 2 years of experience with working in a Big Data environment
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and communicate with multiple functional groups
- Top Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with Cloudera or Hortonworks
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with data modeling concepts
- Experience with leading a technical team
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website