Job Number: R0090237
Data Engineer, Senior
Support the development and maintenance of scalable data stores that supply big data in forms needed for business analysis. Apply leading-edge principles, theories, and concepts. Work on unusually complex problems and provides highly innovative solutions. Operate with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision and mentor or supervise employees in both firm and technical competencies.
- Experience with J2EE and Java
- Experience with streaming tools such as Kafka, Apace NiFi, or Spark
- Experience in working with a database using SQL or Hadoop Big Data Ecosystem
- Experience in scaling big data jobs for data ingestion
- Experience with managing data across relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, or HDFS
- Experience with working in a Linux environment, designing REST APIs, designing and developing platform components, including caching, messaging, event processing, automation, transformation, and tooling frameworks
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with building both batch and real-time data pipelines and interfaces
- Experience in developing data ingest workflows with stream-processing systems such as Spark-Streaming, Kafka Streams or Flink
- Experience with transforming data in various formats, including JSON, XML, CSV, or zipped files
- Experience with performance tuning of ETL jobs
- Experience with developing flexible ontologies to fit data from multiple sources and implementing the ontology in the form of database mappings or schemas
- Experience with Microservices architecture components, including Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS cloud services including EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Athena or Glue
- Knowledge of security and best practices
- BA or BS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website