Job Number: R0072191
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve the Air Force's military Cyber operations. You'll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll conduct market analysis and develop product reports and descriptive briefs that will identify any gaps in industry and how it relates and impacts Military Cyber operations and an AI. You'll use algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help military leaders and government partners make informed decisions. You'll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in Air Force military Cyber operations and AI.
Empower change with us.
- 8+ years of experience in a professional work environment
- Experience with statistics, mathematical modeling, bioinformatics, and clinical data management
- Experience with database design and management systems, data management, and organization schemas
- Ability to comprehend problems in the military technology area
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems
- TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with supporting senior-level government officials
- Ability to explain and present complex scientific concepts both orally and in writing
- Ability to function independently with limited oversight
- Ability to work within a team environment and be flexible to meet evolving client needs
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- MA or MS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, CS, Computational Biology, or a related field preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.NSG1
Apply on company website