Job Number: R0084503
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection to cancer research, to national intelligence, you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve national security missions. You'll work closely with your customers to understand their questions and needs, then dig into their data rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You'll explore data from various sources, discover patterns and previously hidden insights to address business problems, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help senior leadership make informed decisions. You'll provide your customers with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in national security.
Empower change with us.
- 4+ years of experience with software development in a professional work environment
- Experience with Java software development and tools, including Maven or JUnit
- Experience with a scripting language, including Python, Bash, Perl.
- Experience with Linux or UNIX software development and deployment on Centos or RedHat
- Experience with common software development tools, including Git or JIRA
- Experience with the software development process
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with SIGINT or Cybersecurity operations
- Experience with one or more Web application frameworks, including Angular, React, or ExtJS
- Experience with Big Data platforms, including Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, or Accumulo
- Experience with containerized software deployment, Kubernetes, or Docker
- Knowledge of Java frameworks, Spring, Spring Boot or application servers, JBoss, or Wildfly
- Knowledge of distributed computing concepts
- Knowledge of concepts in information retrieval, machine learning, and image processing
- Knowledge of the issues that affect application speed, scale, and reliability of analytics and applications, including the impact of architectural decisions, hardware selection, and application complexity
- Ability to manage and support software deployed to operational production environments
- Ability to work independently throughout the entire software development life cycle, requirements gathering, functional prototyping, user engagement, and support
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Possession of excellent analytical, data mining, and problem-solving skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, or CS a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information, TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics, and we're dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the chance to:
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world's premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute DLI training to the federal government
You'll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite boot camps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.#LI-AH1, APC1, CJ1, CMD
Apply on company website