Job Number: R0087167
Environmental Specialist, Mid
Serve as part of a management consultant team delivering diverse business solutions to the Air Force Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) team. Advise and assist with ongoing BRAC environmental cleanup, property transfer, post-transfer management, contract surveillance, planning, programming, budgeting and execution (PPBE), environmental restoration liability reporting, and data reporting and financial management. Leverage environmental background to provide headquarters support in developing, maintaining and monitoring metrics to track progress towards OSD goals at the program level. Ensure compliance of reporting with Air Force environmental policies and guidance including the Air Force Instruction (AFI) and Defense Environmental Restoration Program (DERP) manuals. Provide daily programmatic support under limited supervision in the areas of data entry, data analysis, reporting and other general management tasking.
- 2+ years of experience in environmental science, environmental engineering, or project management
- Experience with analyzing multiple sources of data, developing metrics, and creating presentations based on findings
- Experience with reviewing and editing technical Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) documents supporting environmental cleanup
- Experience with the collection, manipulation, statistical analysis, and visualization of large data sets
- Experience in working independently and on a team conducting research with environmental compliance and policy
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Excel
- Ability to prepare briefing charts, spreadsheets, memos and other technical documents
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree required
- Knowledge of environmental policies and guidance preferred
- Knowledge of CERCLA and RCRA cleanup standards preferred
- MS degree preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website