Job Number: R0087979
Field Support Engineer, Mid
Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use your IT skills to design, build, and operate secure systems for the Navy? We're looking for a field support engineer who can help create solutions for our Navy clients to modernize their networks.
As a field support engineer on our project, you'll design, install, configure, operate and maintain the critical networks enabling our Navy client's capabilities. You'll work with fellow engineers and the client to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and dependable network solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. As a team, we'll take a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to learn from a team of experts as you make a difference in the security and capabilities of warfighter communications. While modernizing Navy networks you'll gain valuable skills and experience in a highly technical and challenging environment. Join our team as we improve warfighter communications by designing, installing, testing, operating and maintaining robust, dependable, and modern networks.
Empower change with us.
- 6 years of experience with configuring and troubleshooting network switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, and virtual servers
- 4 years of experience with configuring and troubleshooting LANs, WANs, TCP/IP, SNMP, STP, and DNS
- Experience with working independently or as part of a diverse team solving complex problems
- Knowledge of operating systems and networking systems, including Microsoft Windows, Cisco Systems, UNIX, and Linux
- Ability to log into network devices via SSH or Console and navigate the system
- Ability to create and edit documentation for Standard Operating Procedures and document processes and architecture with MS products, including Office, Server 2016, Windows 10/7, Active Directory, Group Policy, and Visio
- TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Security+ CE and Virtual Machine or Networking Certification
Nice If You Have:
- Experience as an EKMS Custodian or User
- Experience with network authentication techniques such as Pulse Secure or Cisco ISE for TACACS/Radius
- Experience with integrating and operating VOIP technologies
- Experience with integrating network design specifications.
- Knowledge of Military Grade Crypto, including KGs, Taclanes, and Fastlanes
- Knowledge of DoD and Navy policy in networking and Cybersecurity
- BA or BS degree in CS, Engineering, or an IT-related Field
- CISSP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website