Job Number: R0082748
Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to build a system that will that will help protect the integrity of the mission related to a national intelligence agency? As a Hadoop SME, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment. We're looking for a developer with the advanced skills needed to build data pipelines using a big data architecture in order to glean key insights from vision to production-ready system.
This role is more than just coding. We need a full-stack developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. Using Hadoop, Nifi and Kafka along with languages, such as Python and Scala. You'll build ELT flows which transform data into useable insights. You'll analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you're developing considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements. Join us as we build systems to change within an agency that supports our national interests for the better.
Empower change with us
- 5+ years of experience with IT
- 1+ years of experience with Apache Hadoop
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of using analytics and data architecture to support analytics and solution design involving data and analytics tools
- Knowledge of technologies, including HDFS, Hive, Impala Oozie, YARN, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Flume, Spark, NiFi, Kafka, scripting languages, Python, Ksh, and Bash
- Knowledge of federal information system policies, including NIST 800.53, FISMA, the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), and configuration management
- Active Top Secret clearance required
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience with a technical area or product, including Cognos, SAS, DataStage, Web Trends, Documentum, TeamSite, or FileNet
- IT Provisioning Technologies Certifications, including Cloudera Certified Professional, HDP Certified Administrator, or HDP Certified Developer
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website