Job Number: R0070845
Lead DevOps Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference and help build a system that will have a positive impact in federal Cloud computing? What if you could find a position that is tailor made for your mix of development, engineering, and communication skills? Efficient software development teams make the most of their time by limiting the activities that take developers away from writing their code. That's why we need you, an experienced DevOps engineer, to help us design and architect an automated DevOps pipeline that shortens the time it takes to get new capabilities from development to production to support mission critical operations.
As a DevOps engineer on our team, you'll use your development experience to streamline our software development life cycle from requirements to monitoring in production. You'll lead efforts to incorporate open source tools, automation, and Cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the team's developers to do what they do best - innovate. You'll implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting. This is an opportunity to broaden your skillset into areas like Agile development, chaos engineering, Cloud-based development, and serverless while developing software that will improve federal Cloud computing. With a hands-on approach, you will drive all aspects of delivery to support a federal Cloud computing environment including software-as-a-service (SaaS) products, web applications, and managed services. As a DevOps Engineer, you'll identify new opportunities to build software solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges. Join our team as we build tools to transform the future of federal Cloud computing.
Empower change with us.
- 5+ years of experience with developing DevOps pipelines
- 5+ years of experience with GIT
- 5+ years of experience with working in Windows Server and Red Hat Enterprise Server Environments
- Experience with performing system administration on Internet Information Services (IIS), including 6.0+, Apache, NGINX, and SharePoint
- Experience with migrating content via scripts or API from SharePoint to Drupal
- Knowledge of Agile development
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services Cloud Platform and operating systems
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice to Have:
- 5+ years of experience with supporting Microsoft Dynamics and SharePoint in a Cloud environment
- 5+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure government Cloud environments
- 5+ years of experience with supporting Oracle in a Cloud environment
- Possession of excellent analytical, quantitative, and presentation skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate customer requirements and build strategic plans
- AWS Solutions Architect or Developer Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
- access to experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website