Job Number: R0074948
Lead Senior Cyber Network Engineer
Everyone knows security needs to be "baked in" to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber network engineering and solutions architecture skills to lead the design and building of secure network infrastructure and support systems? We're looking for a Network Engineer who can create solutions for this intel customer that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a lead network engineer on our project, you'll be responsible for providing day to day tasking oversight for the team, but also directly liaising with the customer to provide thought leadership and guidance for future needs within the team, but also their network infrastructure at large. You'll coordinate work with the program management team, and customer lead to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll advise on new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You'll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives, and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission support needs.
As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to use commercial best practices and solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges. Become a leader on our team as we improve facilitate the execution and growth of this customer's incredible mission space.
Empower change with us.
- 10+ years of experience with hands-on network design, implementation, and O&M
- 10+ years of experience with software tools that constantly evolve through multiple iterations and versions
- 10+ years of experience with systems engineering, communications, and project management
- 10+ years of experience with Windows, Linux, VMware, and Network software products
- 10+ years of experience with requirements management including collaboration and coordination with stakeholders to define interfaces through technical exchange meetings
- 10+ years of experience with developing technical specs and standards while working with clients on Cyber capabilities
- 5+ years of experience managing a teaching of network and systems professionals to process and address ticket based workflows leveraging JIRA, Atlassian, Confluence
- Ability to lead personnel management for the entire team
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- 10+ years of experience in working on one-of-a-kind custom communications solutions
- 10+ years of experience with network equipment and operation lab management
- 10+ years of experience with working the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and a range of software development processes, including Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile
- Experience with NetGear and NetApp network storage devices and associated network solutions
- Experience with managing or supporting the product development life cycle
- Experience with custom hardware and software design for either prototype or production hardware solutions
- Experience in working on system development projects end-to-end life cycle, including test engineering or QA logical
- Experience with installation, configuration, and administration of IT resources
- Experience with administering a variety of Linux platforms, including Debian, RedHat, and Ubuntu
- Experience with scripting languages, including Bash, Perl, or Python
- Experience with configuration and administration of a variety of embedded network routers and switches, including both consumer and enterprise grade
- Experience with network information security methodologies
- Knowledge of Operating Systems, including administration and kernel level
- Knowledge of communications protocols
- Knowledge of configuration management practices
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that's Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — Cyber U has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cyber security—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.#LI-AH1, CJ1, NSG1
Apply on company website