Job Number: R0073869
Microsoft Project Server Administrator, Senior
Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills to improve the technology supporting the U.S. Navy? We're looking for a systems administrator with demonstrated experience supporting all aspects of administration within the Microsoft EPM/Project Server environment to help us deploy our project across the naval community.
As a systems administrator on our project, you'll improve the Navy's current infrastructure using the latest technology and best implementation strategies. You will work directly with clients at government facilities and will gather needs and requirements from stakeholders using established industry best practices. You'll publish information to a collaboration site for use by DoD personnel and provide support and training to colleagues for data collection and establishing organizational processes. You'll provide your customers insight into their Project Server environment through monitoring and performance management. Your technical expertise will be vital as you evaluate and recommend new Web component software and tools. Your experience and communication skills will come in handy as you guide your clients through the implementation of Project Server. We focus on growing as a team, so you'll share your expertise through leadership and mentoring as you help the team work through challenges and develop new methodologies. As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to modernize the network to help your customers meet their needs. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve the Navy's management infrastructure to more rapidly improve warfighter capabilities and deliver to the fleet.
Empower change with us.
- Experience with providing application-level support for the Project Online environment
- Experience with gathering business requirements for system use and reporting using Power BI
- Experience with developing appropriate views, custom fields, calendars, and templates and setting up permissions, including users, groups, and categories to meet client needs
- Experience with providing user training and system demos for users
- Experience with providing support for users of Project sites, including SharePoint sites
- Experience with data visualization tools, including Tableau, and PowerBI, designing and developing executive and operational dashboards, and performing ad-hoc analyses
- Experience with applying changes to the Enterprise Global template and managing an Enterprise Resource Pool
- Experience with Tier 3 support for application users, developing help desk dialog for support and providing triage at the Tier 1 and Tier 2 levels
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 6+ years of experience with project work or BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server and Project Online or training formal training in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server and Project Online
- Experience with troubleshooting in a Project Server and Project Online environment
- Experience with the Project Online desktop client
- Experience with project management
- Experience with relational databases, including MS Access or SQL Server, writing custom queries, building Reporting Services reports, building and maintaining tables or relationships, and managing data quality and standardization
- Knowledge of SharePoint site administration, including in regard to Project Server and Project Online integration
- Knowledge of Project Online integration
- Knowledge of 3rd party tools, including add-ons for Project Server or Project Online, such as MasterLink
- Knowledge of Agile
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems with Project Server, Project Online, and SharePoint
- MSITP in Enterprise Project Management or MCTS SharePoint Certification a plus
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.#LI-AH1, APC5, CJ1
Apply on company website