Job Number: R0086179
Naval Launching Systems Test and Evaluation Engineer, Senior
Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental tests for new and modified products and product components. Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel. Provide technical support and advice to the client and guide junior personnel on the performance of their tasks. Perform test planning, execution, test data collection and reduction methods and techniques, test data and documentation of the results. Assess compliance with Insensitive Munitions (IM) design requirements and implementation through test results to ensure products meet Hazards of Electromagnetic Radiation to Ordnance (HERO) and Personnel (HERP) and Electrical Explosives Safety requirements preparations for Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) reviews and conduct of Failure Review Boards (FRBs).
- 10+ years of experience with Test and Evaluation of US Navy missile launching systems, including Mk 41 VLS, Mk 57 PVLS, and NSM launching systems
- Experience with testing in in laboratory and field testing of missile systems, including test planning, execution, test data collection and reduction methods and techniques, test data and documentation of the results, qualification or design verification activities
- Experience with conducting tests to characterize full- and reduced-scale models, mock-ups, prototypes, subsystems, and missile system components
- Experience developing test plans, test simulation, test documentation, safety plans, risk hazard assessments, test standard operating procedures
- Experience with Test and Evaluation efforts including live-fire events and post-test analysis
- Ability to comprehend complex technical problems where capabilities are affected by technical achievability, affordability, and schedule
- Active Secret clearance
- BS degree in Engineering
- Experience with Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) test requirements and production engineering and testing
- Knowledge of US Navy missile launching systems, modeling and simulation, parts engineering, reliability engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, structural analysis, or production engineering and test
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website