Job Number: R0086008
Network Administrator and Field Service Representative
This Homeland Defense mission relies on critical network infrastructure and IT systems to collect and process data for decision-makers to perform the mission. Ongoing maintenance, technical advancements, and evolving operations require the right combination of technical skills and resolve to integrate new solutions for success. Grow your career and apply your network and systems administration skills to meet the challenges of vital Joint operations center in support of homeland defense.
Work as part of a dynamic team supporting the national capital region's integrated air defense system. While supporting the USAF, you will maintain, sustain, and modify a unique situational awareness system. You will assist with supporting the system of systems, including a myriad of modified COTS electronics and IT equipment, network components, servers, optics equipment, sensors and warning systems which are geographically dispersed in a densely populated urban area and networked to a multi-service operations center. Isolate system faults and distinguishes system hardware, software, and support systems fault and recommends and initiates actions to correct the faults. Maintain IT and sensor system equipment located both indoors and outdoors at multiple sites across the capital region. You will advise on and assist with affecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency and safety or reduce operating costs. Analyze and implement preventive maintenance programs and keep performance and maintenance records on equipment. You will interface closely and effectively with the military user, client, and other high-visibility contractors in a fast-paced operational environment. This position may require occasional travel within the United States and overseas from a primary work location of the Washington, DC area.
Empower change with us.
- 4+ years of experience with troubleshooting, diagnostics, and operations
- Knowledge of Linux, Cisco or Windows-based computer systems, networks, and dedicated surveillance control computers
- Ability to leverage a high degree of self-motivation to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to travel throughout the Washington Metro area
- Secret clearance required
- HS diploma or GED
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with long-range, mid-range and short-range surveillance systems, including Infrared (IR) and DLTV or VCS camera systems
- Experience with maintaining and troubleshooting air defense weapon systems, radars, and surveillance sensors or tactical networks
- Experience with fiber optic hardware and test equipment
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing RF systems, cables, and connectors and using radio encryption devices
- Experience with HVAC and intrusion detection and surveillance systems
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate with all stakeholders effectively
- BA or BS degree
- CompTIA A+/Net +, RHCNA, or Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) Certification a plus
- DoD 8570 Level II Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website