Job Number: R0049513
Network Engineering SME, Senior
Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for the DoD? We're looking for an engineer who can help create solutions for the DoD that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a network security engineer on our project, you'll design and implement solutions to provide secure sharing between the DoD and its partners supporting the national security mission. You'll work with US government and partner stakeholders as well as leading security companies to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll research new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. On our team, you'll learn how to take a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. This is a chance to learn from a team of experts as you make a difference in the security of large-scale information sharing. We help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices like network and application segmentation, intra-application communication controls, and remote access authentication and authorization. You'll be able to gain experience in enterprise-scale network and application security, and inter-organization information sharing while building piece of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team as we improve secure access to and protection of US government information in direct support of the national security mission through Cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that's Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
- Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
-8+ years of experience with supporting large, complex, high visibility Cybersecurity projects
-Experience with designing and implementing large, complex network environments using multiple network protocols, including MPLS, BGP, and OSPF
-Knowledge of Cybersecurity principles and best practices
-Active Top Secret clearance
-HS diploma or GED
-DoD 8570 IT II-compliant certification or higher, including Security+ CE or CISSP
Nice If You Have:
-Ability to collect, consolidate, and translate stakeholder requests into project requirements
-Ability to identify, quantify, and communicate project risks and potential courses of action to internal and external stakeholders
-BA or BS degree
-CCNA Certification or higher
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.CMD
Apply on company website