Job Number: R0080256
Splunk Engineer, Senior
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop a platform that will have an impact on mission critical systems supporting national security organizations. Solid platform development is a critical part of any program's success and you know how to do it right – scalable design with baked in security. That's why we need you, a developer with the skills to build a platform that will transform a law enforcement and national security organization.
As a Splunk engineer on our team, you'll design and develop the core Splunk IT operations and monitoring platform for our project from end to end. You'll work with customers and end-users to understand their mission, current architecture, and security requirements. With a focus on the customer's goals, you'll build a design that will scale to meet their evolving needs. Your technical expertise will be vital as you recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environment and new technology. Your design will set the standard for future development, so you'll craft an architecture that smoothly works with existing infrastructure without compromising security. As a technical leader, you'll identify new opportunities to build platform based solutions to help your customers meet their toughest challenges. This is a chance to use your deep OS and application knowledge and broaden your skillset into areas like IT Operations for Cloud Environments and Big Data Platforms. Join us as we develop platforms based solutions to make a difference in the national security space.
Empower change with us.
- 6 years of experience with IT
- 2 years of experience as a Splunk administrator
- Experience with interacting with customers and onboarding, configuration, and optimization in Splunk
- Experience with using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, including application, OS, and security technology logging
- Knowledge of regular expressions and writing search queries
- Knowledge of creating dashboards for application monitoring
- Top Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with infrastructure management and support and system administration in Windows and UNIX environments
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps pipeline automation tools, including Jenkins and Gitlab CI
- Experience with Containerization technologies, including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud environments on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Computing Services (GCP)
- Splunk Administrator or Architect Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Top Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn't all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you'll have access to:
- experts in virtually every field
- a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
- opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You'll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website