Job Number: R0088892
Systems Integration Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in the military defense industry? You understand your customer's environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution. Can you leverage expertise in highly networked remotely operated or unmanned vehicles and both IT and information systems (IS) aspects as well as the hydro-mechanical control systems and C4ISR engineering?
As a systems engineer on our team, you have the chance to shape a DoD program by leading technical analysis and integration tasks to support the development of Subsea and Seabed Warfare (SSW) platform capability and integration. Apply your skills by merging technical and management oversight to create fleet-integrated, operational future combat systems. Work dynamically across multiple technical lines of effort, including system of system architecture, systems integration, and arrangements within the host platform to QA and advocate for program capability and design interests to maximize design efficiency of complex and interconnected SSW handling and sensing equipment and its integration with host platform. Provide regular reports, status, QA, assessment, and recommendations related to working group efforts and design progress and efficacy. On our team, you'll be able to broaden your skillset into areas like Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Capability Development Document (CDD), a Systems Engineering Plan (SEP), a Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), the Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM), and configuration and risk management artifacts.
Empower change with us.
- 10+ years of experience with system architecture or systems engineering of control systems or payloads of remotely operated or unmanned vehicles
- Experience with System of Systems (SoS) engineering architecture and development and leading acquisition efforts
- Experience in engaging with mid-to-senior client stakeholders to identify technical constraints, optimize system configuration, advocate for program office capability interests, and provide QA for multiple simultaneous technical working group efforts
- Experience with monitoring the impacts of evolving requirements and performance parameters for multiple interrelated and interconnected handling, combat, and deployable systems and associated data streams crossing classification domains
- Knowledge of DoD acquisition process and shipbuilding
- Ability to provide technical review and oversight of OEM and working group engineering products, including interface specifications
- Active Secret clearance
- BS degree in an engineering field
Nice If You Have:
- 2+ years of experience with NAVSEA
- Experience with R&D, deployable systems, or information systems architecture.
- Experience with Navy combat systems engineering
- Experience with space arrangements of submarines
- MS degree in a related engineering field
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you'll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You'll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We'll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We're an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Apply on company website